Tuesday, 2 September 2014

AlexRocksxo | Revolution Makeup Haul & First Impression











I am always on the lookout for cheap makeup, whether it is to experiment with for photoshoots or to slap on my face I always like finding bargains. I found the 'Revolution Makeup' stand in Superdrug the other day and picked up a few bits. It is all low cost and most of it seems pretty good quality!

The first thing I bought and what I am most excited about is their 'Iconic Three' pallet; a very similar pallet to the 'Naked 3' which I have been lusting over for such a long time but have never been able to afford and really don't want to spend that much money on eyeshadows. The 'Iconic 3' was only £4 and the shades are almost identical. You can see that the shadows are extremely pigmented and they are so buttery and blendable - they feel a lot more expensive than they are! I think I will get a lot of use out of this in my photography. On that topic I bought the amazing purple lipstick for some photos - at £1 per lipstick it was hard not to buy more but I wanted to test out the quality of one before I bought all of them.. Again the lipstick is so pigmented and bright and I have already had a lot of fun playing around with it. It is in the shade 'Depraved' and maybe isn't the most wearable but still I love it.
Their 'Matte Effect' concealer was less than impressive. The consistency was actually not bad but it gave hardly any coverage so I had to layer it on really thick to conceal anything and by that point it looked real cakey - I was a hater on the Collection Lasting Perfection but I've started to play around with it again and may be a convert. For £1 again I'm not too disappointed in the concealer but it still is pretty bad. Ending on a high note I have fallen head over heels for the 'Focus and Fix' eyebrow kit. I always struggle with my brows whether they look like slugs or have no definition at all but this little pallet is amazing. It was £2.50 and just like the eyeshadows these powders are really pigmented and define my brows without making them slug like.  As my hair is a very dark brown I picked up the shade 'Medium Dark' and all three powders suit my brows. The second shade is an ashy grey/brown which is perfect for natural looking brows. The compact is really handy to carry around and has a big mirror so is perfect for touch ups.
I only spent £8.50 and I will defineltely be going back to pick up more bits. I need some more lipsticks and they have got some amazing colours on the website so may be doing a small (huge) online order. Have you tried anything from Revolution Makeup? Let me know in the comments! If you enjoyed this post go ahead and follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss any of my future posts! If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)
   
                             
                                                              Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

 

No comments :

Post a Comment