Tuesday, 12 August 2014

AlexRocksxo | Review - Rimmel Brow This Way Eyebrow Gel




Eyebrows are the bane of my life - I recently had them waxed (they definitely need doing again) and as they are slightly uneven I do my best to fill them in. One is always fatter than the other or one is arched more than the other. I am always on the lookout for something new to make my life 100x easier when it comes to eyebrows and when I noticed this new tinted brow gel from Rimmel 'Brow This Way'  I thought I would try it out - it was only £3 I think so a great bargain.
When I saw this I immediately thought of Benefits 'Gimme Brow' which I have wanted to try for ages but cannot justify spending the money so I was hoping his would be a dupe for it - I was wrong. I thought this would give my brows thickness and make them seem fuller as they are very sparse but all it seemed to do was clump on the hairs and make my eyebrows look like slugs; there was no way do define single hairs and make them look natural. I also found it made the hairs go really crispy which is never good.
I picked up the second lightest shade but I think it is still so dark like I barely touched my eyebrows for the picture, if I went any heavier then it literally looked like mud. I guess the one upside is that is extremely pigmented and I think for people with thick and unruly eyebrows then this may be something to pick up but as I have very thin and sparse eyebrows it just didn't work for me. I think for now I will stick to wax pencils and one day pluck up the courage to buy something more expensive.
Have you tried 'Brow This Way' or anything similar? Let me know in the comments below. If you enjoyed this post go ahead and follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss any of my future posts! If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)
   
                             
                                                              Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

 

No comments :

Post a Comment