Saturday, 9 August 2014

AlexRocksxo | Book Haul






I don't think I've actually bought a physical book since 2012 just before The Hunger Games was released as I am an avid believer of 'read the book before the movie' but since then I have been reading exclusively on my Kindle. I know there is a big debate on what is better 'paper or pixels' but I enjoy reading both formats. After falling in love with 'BooksAndQuills' and watching about 100 of her videos I was in the mood to buy some books.
The first book I picked up was 'Across The Universe' by Beth Revis which is a Sci-Fi adventure about a girl who is cryogenically frozen and sent on a 300 year mission to go and live on a new planet, but is woken up 50 years too early.. I am about 6 chapters in so far and I think shiz is about to go down - serious shiz. This book is really fast paced and I am enjoying it so far - I shall keep you updated.

The next book is one everyone is talking about right now and one that I've finished - 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green. A beautifully written book about two teenagers Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters and they meet at a cancer support group and the book follows the two teenagers. The miovie recently came out and I wanted a physical copy of the book because it's so beautiful. I have a movie review here.
The last book and one of the most beautiful books I've read in a long time is 'We Were Liars' by E. Lockhart. It is written in part teen quick witted language and then part in beautiful metaphors. I'm not going to say anything about this book because it's better to go into it blind but trust me - it's perfect.

So those are the books I picked up and if you liked this post let me know in the comments below and leave me some book recommendation! If you enjoyed this post go ahead and follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss any of my future posts! If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)
   
                             
                                                  Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

                  

No comments :

Post a Comment