Thursday, 26 June 2014

AlexRocksxo | Jampacked June Day Twenty Six - The Fault In Our Stars





An over reviewed topic? Yes. One that I want to talk about? Hell to the yes.

I know tonight is a late one and I would have waited until tomorrow to talk about this but I literally just got home from seeing the film and I wanted to just express how I feel about it.
If you haven't heard of the book or film - where have you been? But it is basically about two young adults who have cancer (sorry topic but bare with me) and without spoiling anything it follows their lives after they meet and the amazing events that follow. Point one - you will cry; book or film you will sob. I sobbed through the book and even when I knew what was going to happen I still cried like a little baby. The book is full of beautiful and memorable quotes like 'I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once.' This may be my favourite quote as I think it is so simple yet beautiful. I really didn't think I would enjoy the book but grabbed it while it was on offer but as I started to read I fell more and more in love with it. Although I think some topics are very glorified and sometimes quite pretentious I can overlook these as it is so heartwarming but at the same time heart wrenching.
I do feel that the film left out a lot of detail that would have easily been included in the book - like the support group's (where Hazel and Augustus met) leader and how his 'balls' were chopped off.. One of the funniest parts of the book but was skipped over in the film but it really isn't so much an important detail, just one I would have liked to see in the film.  I seriously urge you to go and read the book then see the film; reading the book first really gave me an insight to how they felt and almost got to know the characters better. Have you read the book or seen the film yet? Let me know your thoughts below! I'd love to have a chat about your favorite parts! Be sure to also go over to bloglovin' and follow me to make sure you don't miss out on any of my future posts.
If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)


                                                            Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment