Monday, 9 June 2014

AlexRocksxo | Jampacked June Day Nine - Filthy Glamour








Alexander Rocks - Filthy Glamour
Filthy Glamour’ was a theme that came to me as an attempt to move away from fashion based imagery, towards more profound and conceptual photography. I focused on men wearing makeup - something I take quite seriously and something that still, even in the 21st century isn’t accepted by a lot of people and I wanted a lot of my work to revolve around that.Inspired by Merry Alpern, I explored the dirtier side of photography.
I looked into overlaying text upon images, in order to present the dirty/sexual vibe without being too revealing, therefore making it too graphic.  
For my final image, I really wanted to mix both filth and glamour. The prom dress symbolizes glamour whilst the dirty toilet symbolizes filth. 
After college I am moving to South East London to study Digital Photography at Ravensbourne. While I am there I hope to become fluent in French so when I leave I can move to Paris and start to travel the world. Enjoy my work


- Alexander. 

Be sure to also go over to bloglovin' and follow me to make sure you don't miss out on any of my future posts.
If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)






                                                        Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram








No comments :

Post a Comment