Friday, 9 May 2014

Veggie Breakfast & Vegetarian Update | AlexRocksxo




Something you may not know about me is that I am a little bit of a chef on the side. I used to want to become a professional chef but decided it wasn't really for me. Plus the recent vegetarian change wouldn't have made for the best chef in the world. Anyway today I had my first day off in such a long time and thought I'd have a lay in, do some Spring cleaning and eat a gorgeous breakfast. I was pretty starving by 10AM so I looked for food's that would give me energy and keep me going until the late afternoon.

 I looked in the fridge for something a little more exciting to switch up from corn flakes or porridge. After some very serious consideration I decided on avocado and egg on toast; washed down with some mango and lychee green tea. I chose avocados because of the amount of vitamins they contain, great for the start of the day. Also they contain 'good fat' which your body needs and your body is going to use that for energy instead of storing  as fat. Also because they are delicious! I thought it was a little plain so I added on a fried egg, maybe not so healthy but I haven't mastered poaching yet so fried will do. Eggs are so filling and a great source of protein, a really runny yolk (which I failed) makes everything a little gooey and just sooo good. I slapped it all on two slices of toast and devoured it. If you aren't a veggie I guarantee some grilled bacon on the top would be sure to satisfy you. If you're looking for a healthy breakfast to fill you up or just a little lunchtime treat, give this a go. You won't be disappointed!

I think I've been veggie for just under two weeks now, so I am not far in but I am really enjoying it. People keep telling me "Oh there is no way I could give up meat, I don't know how you do it" and to be honest it really isn't that hard. At the beginning I thought I might eat white meat for a while and then stop meat altogether, but then what is the point? Might as well go full throttle with it! I haven't felt my body lacking anything and if I'm being honest I feel myself having more energy and just feeling a little lighter. I think I've lost a couple of pounds too which is always nice! I am hitting the gym more and more now and really trying to drop some weight before I move to University so I look & feel good. 
The only thing I would say I've hated about being veggie is my skin detoxing, my face has gone crazy with breakouts but I am hoping it's starting to calm down now. I had a wonderful comment on my last post about exfoliating to help your skin renewal and I have been using an exfoliating cleanser and it seems to be working. Lets hope for clear skin in a few days, it was clear just before I started so I hope it goes back.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you are liking the more lifestyle-y posts lately, I am enjoying writing them so I hope you enjoy reading them! Be sure to also go over to bloglovin' and follow me to make sure you don't miss out on any of my future posts. 


If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)


                                                        Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram



2 comments :

  1. Aw man that looks delicious! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love having weekends in where I can cook tons of gorgeous food and stuff my face.

    Those eggs look fantastic :) xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to try this, been looking for ways to use avocado that I actually like! I can't seem to stray away from having smoothies for breakfast, though.

    sprksam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete