Sunday, 4 May 2014

Lush Fresh Facemask - Catastrophe Cosmetic | AlexRocksxo



One of my many Instagram selfies - Follow me here.
I have mixed emotions about face masks, everyone I have tried has either not worked or broken me out. I have tried many highstreet ones but when it comes to spending more money on one is it really worth it? I don't know if I am ready to branch out into the world of high-end skincare, mainly because I don't have the money but also I think if it doesn't work that's a lot of money you've spent on a facemask that's done nothing! What do you guys think?
I recently used up 5 Lush pots and took them into store for a free face mask and Catastrophe Cosmetic was recommended to me. Full of blueberries and chamomile help to sooth, brighten and cleanse the skin and this I agree with. After using this and the day after my skin feels a lot smoother and brighter. It smells just like blueberries and is actually blue which reminds me of those £1 face masks you bought when you were 10 at Superdrug to feel grown up, but it definitely has better results than those cheap crappy masks.
 I think using this in the morning would be great if you are going to a special event in the evening. I felt my skin was brighter and it helped to hide some of the dark spots that I have. Bearing that in mind it hasn't helped with breakouts at all and I am having the breakout of the century at the moment. I have recently become a vegetarian and I think that my skin is purging and getting all the toxins out, my skin is awful and I hoped that this would help - but it didn't. I think this is probably a facemask I would reach for before a night out rather than if my skin was in trouble, it is soothing and calming but doesn't work miracles for spots. I don't think I'll be rushing to stock up on this but I would probably repurchase it in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this review and if you did please be sure to leave me a comment and follow me over on Bloglovin' so you can keep up to date with my posts! I have loads of posts coming up so keep your eyes peeled!

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)


                                                        Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram




2 comments :

  1. I personally really like face masks as they really hydrate my skin! :)

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love LUSH face masks. Not for their amazing super powers but because they're so natural and non-aggressive that I never get reactions from them.
    If you're breaking out because you're detoxing then it'll actually be more helpful to exfoliate your skin. This is because your body rids itself of toxins in many ways, one of which is via the skin. Unfortunately this can lead to breakouts, irritations, rashes, etc all over the body and especially the face. By exfoliating the skin you are then increasing the skin turn-over rate which will increase the rate of toxins being eliminated and decrease the problematic symptoms of detoxing faster. Also the good old, tried and true drinking lots of water should help too. Hope this helped! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete