Friday, 30 May 2014

AlexRocksxo | Soap and Glory Mini Haul & Review





First off I'd like to throw a big apology at you for my lack of posting in the past couple of weeks, I've been really busy preparing my final pieces for my photography show next week, a blog post documenting it all will be up next week sometime so look forward to that. But to get me back in the swing of things I thought I'd bring you a quick Soap and Glory skincare haul. Of what I have tried in the past I've really enjoyed using Soap and Glory skincare. After Christmas I used their Peaches and Clean cleanser which I really enjoyed. After finishing it I kind of ignored their skincare and swiftly moved back into my Lush routine.

In April I completely stripped back my skincare routine to cleanser, toner and moisturiser. That routine still sticks and is working pretty well and my breakouts are minimal to none at the moment but I feel like my skin was missing a pizazz it had so I started to research into facial exfoliators. I had heard Fleur from FleurDeForce rave about the Soap and Glory Scrubatomic face scrub so thought I'd pick it up seeing as it is pretty cheap. There was an offer on S&G skincare (I think it was two products for £13) and then I had a £3 off voucher and then my friend who works at Boots picked them up for me and used her staff discount so in the end I nabbed two of these scrubs for £8 - ka-ching.
I have completely fallen in love with this scrub, it states it can be used daily but I find it a little too harsh for that so I have been using this two or three times a week and my skin is feeling smoother, my blackheads are looking smaller and my acne scars are starting to fade a little faster which I am over the moon about. It has fruit enzymes in it as well for that extra exfoliation so you can't lose. It also smells so good just like all S&G products. I feel like after using this scrub I find my skin glowing, maybe its a bit of a placebo but either way I enjoy it. If you are looking for a new scrub try this one out, it's affordable but still brilliant!

I was actually given this mask by my wonderful friend Anna (thank you Anna ♥) so I thought I'd include it in the Haul. The Fab Pore Mask from S&G is a pore refining mask and peel (guessed by the title) that is meant to help reduce the look of pores, prevent breakouts and helps detox the face. I will say that this mask did help reduce my pores for one or two days but I didn't see any miracle results when I used it. It is really thick but almost mousse like, really refreshing to apply and very cooling. I almost felt a slight burn when I applied it because it was so cold so I wasn't a huge fan of that but I could look over that if I saw massive improvements in my skin, which I didn't. My skin felt really chalky when I washed this off and I had to apply a thick lashing of moisturiser to combat that horrible dry feeling. I will say this didn't break me out and I would probably use this up but I won't be rushing out to restock it when I run out.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you have tried any of Soap and Glory skincare and what did you think of it? Be sure to also go over to bloglovin' and follow me to make sure you don't miss out on any of my future posts.

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)




                                                        Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

2 comments :

  1. Oh looking forward to your photos!+ fabby reviews :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My photos will be up around Friday - keep your eyes peeled! :-) xx

      Delete