Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Spring Must Haves With BeautyInBeta | AlexRocksxo

I think I've already said that Spring is my favourite season, but also my favourite time to go shopping; the colours, the prints and the everything. Everything about Spring is perfect. This week I have been working with Beth from BeautyInBeta to bring you our Spring must haves. On her blog she has written a post on her must have beauty products and here I am going to tell you my fashion must haves for men and women, covering all bases. Once you've finished reading here make sure you go and check out Beth's post! I've had a sneak preview and some of the products look sooooo good.


1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8
I think fashion in Spring needs to be clean and fresh, for this reason I have chosen some basic clothes like the white shirt, velvet trousers, the matte black sunglasses that would go with any outfit and the brogues (which I own and are super comfy) but then you can also make an outfit new and interesting by adding a new shirt or jacket. This is why I included the white leather jacket which I think is amazing and also the scenery shirt, I am not sure what I find so facinating about it but I just think its brilliant! I have a confession to make.. I love socks. So it wouldn't be a must haves without a pair and for this post I chose a pair of chunky floral ones, super cool and perfect for spring. Lastly I have a leather clutch bag and praise the lord this was from the men's section of Zara. It's about bloody time they started to genderise clothing less, but that's a topic for a whole other blog post.
Needless to say I am in love with everything I chose and will probably be ordering most of it on pay day!

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

Women's fashion in Spring differs slightly, I still think it needs to be clean and fresh but I think you can have a little more fun with colour and get away with it, hence why I chose the pastel yellow cigarette trousers, paired with the white shirt and brogues would make for such a cute outfit for the daytime. Where as I think you can play around with pattern so I chose three big patterned pieces, the dress which would look lovely with a pair of black pointy heels for an evening out, or the red and navy patterned shorts; these have a gorgeous fit to them and are goooorgeous. The green jungle print shirt would be great for a daytime or evening look, I think it's pretty versatile. The black dress at the top doesn't look like much, but check it out on the website because when it is being worn it is stunning, I think all Spring wardrobes need a LBD! Lastly I chose these platform sandals with metallic straps. These would be great to wear with a white dress and silver jewellery for a night out or a posh day shopping.

I really hope you enjoyed this selection of clothing and if you did let me know in the comments below, I'd love to know if you'll be ordering any of these pieces! Once you've done that go and check out Beth's post, it's linked at the top and let her know I sent you there.

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksXO be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)

                                       Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

6 comments :

  1. I love all your picks! My fave from the women's are 5 and 7! I need them!! Would be perfect for my holiday! I also love number 2 from the men's! Great choices! Beth x o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove the shoes! They are perfect for Spring!

      Delete
  2. Everything you picked is lovely! I really like the shirts in both the men and womens.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mens scenery shirt, i've never seen anything like it before!

      Delete
  3. Loving the shorts, great statement piece for this spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, they are so wearable too, would look nice in the autumn too!

      Delete