Monday, 17 March 2014

Mini Payday Haul | Alexrocksxo


In my last post I mentioned I had been to Manchester and while I was up there a did a little shopping as it was payday. I did a little when I was at home too but thought I would combine both trips and show you the bits and bobs I got.
I picked up 3 things from Boots in their famous '3 for 2' offer and the first thing and the main reason I went in was to pick up the Effacalar Duo + by La Roche Posay. My sample of it had ran out that morning and I am loving it so far, I've been using it for just over a week and it is the first moisturiser that hasn't broken me out but left my skin moisturised enough. It claims to reduce the appearance of red marks and blemishes after four weeks so when I've given this a good go I may write a review. I then grabbed the world famous concealer from Collection. My skin is freaking out right now and I wanted to grab something that could hide the horrific spots I've been having lately without looking cakey. I'm not sure if I like the look of this concealer, do any of you have any recommendation to keep everything looking natural? To remove this new bought concealer I picked up the Garnier Micellaer Water. This goes along the lines of Bioderma, but I wanted something gentle on my skin so I thought I'd give it a go!
I then popped into The Body Shop to pick up their Aloe Lip Care, I had seen Estee from Essiebutton & Alix from ICovetThee rave about this lip balm and they weren't wrong. It isn't heavy or sticky and it is so moisturising. It is now an essential in my bag. 
Lastly I popped into Lush because it is always the place I go to when my skin is freaking out. She recommended two products I am already using and then she talked about Grease Lightning. A spot treatment I have seen spoken about all over the blogosphere so I thought I'd pick it up. I used it last night and this morning and it hasn't worked miracles yet but I am hoping it does!

That's it for this mini haul, have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below!

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksXO be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)

                                       Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram


4 comments :

  1. Oooh I'd like to try out Grease Lightning, I've heard loads about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked up some really great products. I really want to try the Garnier Micellar water!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete