Saturday, 1 March 2014

A Ranty Post | Alexrocksxo

Alexrocksxo isn't a place that I want filled with negative posts, but it is somewhere I come to express my thoughts and I really feel the need right now to write a post on how I feel about this. It's going to be a bit of a different post to what I'm used to writing so if you don't enjoy posts that are full of writing or rants then click off this post now!
Today I came out of work and did my usual bits around town, then I walked to the bus stop and my bus pulled in, I walked straight towards the door and was first in the line to get in. When the doors opened at least 8 elderly people barged in front of me to get on the bus first and this is when I started to get annoyed. If someone has some sort of difficulty walking or they ask to get on before me of course I would say yes, but when people just barge in front of me because they think they are more important it really angers me; I'm sick of teenagers being treated like filth just because we have been given a bad name in the press. Even when I am at work I am undermined by some people (especially grandparents with their grandchildren) because I am young and they ask for a second opinion for someone "older and wiser", just because I am young doesn't mean that I am stupid and can't do my job properly. 
Also just to clarify, I am not calling out all elderly people, I work at Clarks and I meet tonnes of elderly people and most of them are lovely and we have chats and have a laugh, but some ignore, blank and treat me like nothing because I am a teenager and I am sick of it. 
I'd like to know if I'm not alone and any of you have experienced this before, maybe it's just the town I live in but I highly doubt it is.

Sorry for having a bit of a rant but as I said this is a place to express my feelings and there are my feelings expressed. 

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksXO be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)

                                       Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram


Just a quick thank you to all my readers who stick around and read all of my posts. I will be back to posting my usual stuff next week. Love you all xxx

1 comment :

  1. Amen! I think it's awful how young people are portrayed in the media x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete