Thursday, 13 February 2014

Topshop Makeup Haul | Alexrocksxo


Topshop makeup is something I hear about so often, whether it's lipsticks, lipgloss or nail polishes, Topshop makeup is always something I wanted to try. The other day I popped into their store and saw signs for a sale on makeup and sprinted to the counter. I picked up 5 items for £4.50 which I think is amazing. I was so excited about it all so I thought I would share it with you guys!



The first things I picked up for 50p each were these gorgeous eye crayons in 'Rust'. These are a gorgeous bronze colour, really metallic and super creamy. I've never experimented with cream shadows before but I am so excited to use these. As they were so cheap I picked up two of them. Now to find a giant pencil sharpener..


Next I picked up a lipgloss in 'Long Time No See' and when I saw this in the tube I was really excited by it, hoping it would have some purple pigmentation to it but unfortunately it is just a plain gloss. A little bit of a disappointment but still it was only 50p and as gloss is going to be a massive trend this season I think it will come in handy with my future photography projects.


One product I am really curious how to use is the 'Kohl Dust'. This is such a strange product; it's like really messy, smudgy black dust with a hard dome shape applicator, I would have taken a picture of the applicator but this stuff is so damn messy I couldn't without covering my bathroom in black dust. I think this will be really fun to experiment with and I will definitely have updates when I use it. Again this was 50p so no skin of my nose if it is completely useless.



The last thing I bought, a bit of an impulse buy but definitely the star of the show is the 'Face Pallet' this gorgeous pallet has 4 shadows, 2 lip-glosses and a bright pink blush. Everything is so pigmented and just gorgeous. The glosses are smooth and not sticky, you have a pink and a deeper red shade which look so nice on the lips. Then the shadows oh the eyeshadows; there is a light purple shade, then a brown and a black to make any eye look more dramatic and then a highlight colour so a fully formed pallet. Such a bargain it was £15 and I got it for £3 so I am so happy!

I am so pleased with the quality of this makeup and I am so excited to try it out in my photography. Would you like to see my work when I use the makeup? Let me know in the comments below!


If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksXO be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)

                                       Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram


3 comments :

  1. Wow 5 things for for £4.50 is amazing!
    I really love the eye crayon!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any topshop make up sadly! :( definitely need to get some! B xo

    ReplyDelete