Sunday, 19 January 2014

Lush Herbalism Review | Alexrocksxo


Herbalism is the first product I tried from Lush. On my way home from a trip to Cornwall in 2012 I popped into the Lush store and picked up this bright green solid cleanser. It seemed quite daunting to me buying this because I had no idea how it worked and how I would use it; but it was demonstrated to me in store and ever since it has been a staple in my cupboard. I have had flings with other cleansers but this is the one I always come back to.
I use this once a day when I have a shower and I really like it. It is a solid cleanser (picture a crumbly, lumpy playdough.) You pinch a piece of it and mix it with some water in your palm to create a paste and then apply to the face. It has ground almonds in it so they help to exfoliate your face but also help to soak up excess oils.



Lush say "Nettles, rosemary and rice bran vinegar work to cleanse the skin, removing dirt and grease, leaving bright and beautifully clean skin. Chamomile blue oil and rose absolute are used for balancing skin tone." I do agree that is has helped balance out my skin tone, it is looking a lot more even but I am still suffering with dark spots from previous breakouts. Although I keep getting the odd spot here and there, I am not covered in spots and blackheads so I would definitely repurchase this. I am on my third pot so I must like it, but I am definiately going to try some other cleansers when this runs out. 
Even though I love this cleanser, I am still on the hunt for the one. I haven't found the cleanser that stops my breakouts and keeps my skin from getting super duper oily in the day. If you guys have any recomendations please let me know in the comments below!


UPDATE 27/01/14 : So I may have bigged this up a lot but this week I have realised, this is the product that has been breaking me out for a year *sighs*. I never thought it would be this but I didn't use it for just over a week and my skin completely cleared up, then used it once and I now have 8 active spots around my face. Such a shame because I thought I loved this!

I'd love it if you would go and follow me over on Bloglovin and GFC. All of the links are below!

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksXO be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)


                                      Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

8 comments :

  1. I love their solid cleansers! I have the popcorn one, which probably does the same thing as this one. Even though I love it I know what you mean about still being on the hunt for the right one.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try that one! I think I might get it next!

      Delete
  2. My favourite cleanser is Peaches and Clean by soap & glory (just reviewed it) I love it!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about stopping your skin getting oily during the day as I have the same problem. For some soap to stop breakouts, however, I'd take a trip to amazon and look up sulphur soap, it's £5 and you get quite a big yellow bar of it, best thing that has ever helped my skin!

    Sam
    http://sprksam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds strange! I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Great review. This sounds like a really odd consistency, I'd like to give it a go.
    Jasmine at rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! Shame I've just figured out it breaks me out..!

      Delete