Sunday, 8 December 2013

Hair Stuff | AlexRocksxo

I always seem to make the same mistake of leaving my hair stuff open. Then it goes dry and when I try to stir it back up it goes all lumpy and.. yuck. The amount of times I've tried to fix the putty or wax or clay or whatever is stupid and I always end up buying a new pot of it. For most of this year I've been using something from Got 2 Be. It's in an orange tub and I can't remember the name of it. It's pretty good stuff but is so hard to work with; so I'm always on the lookout for something new. On Friday I picked up two new products to try and I like them a lot so far.



I was attracted to these products because they both offer a matt finish, it's always something I look for with hair products. I always find my hair lacks texture, its so straight and thick that its tends to either be flat or fluffy, so I picked up the Matt&Messy Salt Spray from L'oreal to add in some texture. I really liked the effect this gave, it wasn't crunchy or sticky. It dries with a low hold but does give my hair some texture and helps the other products stick.
 The #TXT Dry Putty is so easy to work with. It coats all my hair with little product and helps it stay in place without going crunchy or greasy like some other products (I'm looking at you Shockwaves). It feels light in my hair but still holds. I've only used this twice but I am really liking it so maybe I've caught on to a winner.


I used these products to create this look and I'm really happy with it. Defined yet rough and messy. This is what my hair looks like more or less everyday and it only takes me about 5 minutes to do so nice and easy when I wake up late (most mornings). If I create any different looks would you guys like to see them? I could make "hair stuff" a series. Let me know in the comments below.


If you've tried any of the products I mentioned let me know, I'd love to know what you think of them. Or if you have any recommendations for other products I might like be sure to leave me a comment!

If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksXO be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)


                                      Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment