Monday, 1 July 2013

June Favourites | AlexRocksXO

Aloha people.
JamPacked June is officially over, but don't worry you'll still see me, just not as often. On the topic of June being over, its July.. Over half this year has already gone and it doesn't feel like it at all!
Another month gone by a new set of products to bring you. I don't tend to try out too many new products per month, but this month I've bought some lovely new goodies and have tested them out and selected my top ones to show you!

The first product is The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream SPF 15. I work at a shoe shop so I'm always around boxes, and they really dry out your hands, and recently I've been working a lot more and they have been getting really dry but this is a life saver. Its small so I just keep it in my bag so I can grab it as I need it. It also has a perfume-like rose scent which is one of my favourites.

Next is The Body Shop Deo Dry Deodorant. I can't link this because it's been discontinued, which makes me angry and sad! It's the most amazing deodorant and I always struggle with over sweating, and this totally keeps it at bay, but it's been discontinued and that is so rubbish. I have this in two other scents and they both have fill ups, but the blue is definitely my favourite. I may have to go and stock up next week so I will never run out :-).


Next up is my 120 eye shadow pallet. I use this in my photography (which you can view HERE) and it's made such a difference to my work. I love experimenting with the colours and trying out new looks and I think I'm definitely going to try out more colour combo's. It was also only £6 which is a massive bargain. All of the colours are really pigmented and have great colour payoff on the skin, they also blend really easily for making smudgy colourful looks. Do you guys want to see some tutorials? Let me know in the comments below!


This month was definitely a Body Shop spend up.. This is The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm in Raspberry. I own this in strawberry too, and both of them taste and smell amazing. The strawberry one adds a little tint to my lips, so I have to be careful how much I use, but the raspberry one is fine. On the plus it's really moisturising, and I have dry lips all the time so it's pretty handy to whack at the bottom of my bag. I also love their new packaging.

Lastly is my trusty bottle of Lady Gaga Fame 100ml. I am a massive Lady Gaga fan, and when she brought this out I knew I had to have it. This is my second bottle and I'm getting through it pretty quickly. I think its quite fruity, but with some deeper notes in their too. It contains honey, belladonna, tiger orchidea, apricot and saffron. So quite fruity and floral at the same time. What I love most about the scent is that it's not heavy like some celeb' perfumes and doesn't burn my nose every time I smell it.. Plus it stays on ALL day, which is fabulous. Not to mention that the perfume is black, but also comes out clear, and this continues to fascinate me. (If you want to learn more about the perfume click HERE)


That's it for this months favourites. What do you think of the products? Have you tried any before? What do you think?
Thanks for reading guys.
Alex xo

3 comments :

  1. I tried that hand cream in the shop the other day and really liked it. I'm also a massive fan of the Body Shop Born Lippys!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, a fashion makeup tutorial would be really great - it's definitely been something I'm interested in!

    Sam
    http://sprksam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to buy Fame for a while now, just haven't got round to it - it smells amazing though! Amazing blog by the way - now following!! :)
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete