Sunday, 28 July 2013

Getting Colourful | Cracked iPhone Fun | AlexRocksXO

Hey guys. 
I'm very sorry for the lack of posting throughout July.. But I am back now and feeling very refreshed and I'm bursting with ideas for posts and I will be soon popping up all the time.

So a few weeks back I was dancing, and my iPhone flew out of my hand and the back panel smashed even though I had a case on which is rubbish; but I didn't dwell on it for too long because I found a really cool way of making the smash look cool and it was so simple.


I don't have any step by step photos because I did this way before I took these photos, but it couldn't be simple.

What you need:
- Smashed iPhone
- Highlighters or felt tip pens
- Baby wipes
- Top coat nail varnish


Step One
Take your first colour and colour over a section of the smashed glass. Don't press too hard but make sure you get the colour into the cracks. Repeat this with all colours until all the cracks are covered in colour.
Step Two
Take your baby wipe and scrub off all excess colour, this should leave behind all the colour inside the cracks. If it isn't bright enough you can repeat these steps until you get your desired effect.
Step Three
If you plan not to use a case and show off your new colourful iPhone be sure to cover over it in a nail varnish topcoat or something that is going to cover the cracks so they don't cut open your fingers.


So that's it, such a simple tutorial but I really like the effect. What do you think of it?


Thanks for reading guys, be sure to leave a comment down below and follow me over on BlogLovin!
See you soon!
Alex xo

6 comments :

  1. such a good idea! I had an Iphone 4 for two years and have had an iphone 5 for coming up to a year and so far no cracks! I'm so OCD when it comes to it being dropped! But this really looks neat! Love your blog btw!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! It looks so much cooler & adds a little personality - love it!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never see this before, it's such a good way of making the smashed phone actually look good!!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! If I ever crack my phone I might have to try this!

    Elliott :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!


    http://bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award-i-was-nominated.html

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete