Sunday, 16 June 2013

Dad | JamPacked June Day Sixteen | AlexRocksXO

Hi guys.
You may guess by the title that this a post about my dad, after all it is fathers day and although I couldn't get a present down to him I thought I'd dedicate a blog post to him. HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!
This post contains stuff about my life. A quick heads up... But it isn't heavy or depressing. Enjoy :-)

My parents split up when I was five, and I moved in with my mum and saw my dad every weekend. Even though they were apart I had constant contact with him, and he's never ever let me down. We've all moved about quite a lot, I was born in Watford, then I moved to Southend, and then Harlow. My dad stayed in Watford and when I was eleven he moved to Cornwall.. This was a huge change for me and although where he was moving to was lovely, I was scared I wouldn't see him as much, and I was preeeetty upset.. But like I said he has never let me down and he came and picked me up on a Friday after school, and would take me home on the Sunday morning. The weekends we spent in Cornwall together we found some amazing places and views I can never forget.

My dad taught me photography, bought me my first digital camera when I was about seven and taught me how to use it. Then about 3 years ago I think he bought me my DSLR camera, which I still use now. He was also a photographer so maybe it runs in the blood? But my dad inspires me to strive to be the best I can with my photography and encourages me to excel in what I can do. He also bought me a new lens last year and gave me some of his old photography equipment and I'm starting to build up a bit of a collection..

Dad you really are amazing, and I love you.
^ Look a baby me and dad in Brighton. ^


Thanks for reading guys. Another totally different post to what I usually do but I really enjoyed writing this. It's just a little more you know about my life.. If you enjoy this kind of post then let me know in the comments below.
See you tomorrow.
Alex xo


1 comment :

  1. Thanks Alex your words are the best present any dad could ever get
    You keep on the amazing work son I'm very proud of you son
    I loved your card how you find that
    So thats twice now today I all misty eyed
    See you soon
    Love you so much

    Dad

    XXX

    ReplyDelete