Monday, 27 May 2013

London Trip ▲ OOTD ▲ AlexRocksXO

Hi guys!
So yesterday me and Sally (I'll link her blog here) went to London and we had the best day! It was a beautiful day in London, and we didn't even realise it was going to be so it was a fantastic surprise to whack out the sunnies and have a good old mooch round in the sun! 
We had a little shock when we got on the train.. we didn't realise that the door to the train drivers cabin was open (we sat at the back so no one was in there) but as the train pulled away the door slammed shut and made Sally and I scream! We were next to the door and the sound was so loud I did let out a bit of a scream!
We could see out of the back so that was a little trippy. In the end every time it opened or closed we'd grab it so it wouldn't slam; I wonder what the people did after we got off.. We were definitely the hero's of the train!
















When we got into London we went to Brick Lane (after about half an hour of wandering streets and totally depending on Google Maps to take us there!) We had a nice walk around the markets and both picked up some shirts and things, then we found a poster for a festival we're both working on in August and got really excited!
We both got very grumpy because we were so hungry, and then we found this lovely roof terrace kind of thing full of pop up shops and some nice restaurants. We ended up eating at a place called  Chop'd which was so nice! We both got massive bowls of salad that we could choose what went inside for £7 I think, and it was so tasty! When we were trying to find somewhere to eat some people from relentless (the energy drink) gave us free samples of their new flavours! Free drinks can't turn them down! We then of course had to get ice creams because it was such great weather, it would be a crime not to! We also found a wall full of padlocks with names and hearts on which was really cute.



Here are some images of what we got up to in Brick Lane.


We hopped on the train to Camden town and had a little mooch around the markets, but we didn't stay as long as we did in Brick Lane, but it was still fun. Sally and I both bought some T-Shirts from independent designers so that was our good deed for the day! I also had bubble tea which was so so good!

After this we went to Westfield for about half an hour and then everything closed because it was a Sunday.. I popped into LUSH (I couldn't resist) and then into Topman and Topshop for Sally!
We had such an amazing day and I'm really pleased with the things I bought! I'll be putting up a haul post in the next couple of days!


                                

So this is what I wore if anyone is interested..


 This is the overall look. I really love the shirt and it was from Primark, (bargain) and I just really like the look I put together! I never really wear light denim jeans but I really like this pair I have so I may have to invest in a new pair (these ones are a bit old and scraggy!)



















If you have seen me recently I have probably been wearing this leather jacket! It was a great find in New Look man, and it was only £19! It was on sale and was the last one, I am proud of that find!


















These shoes are the favourite pair I own. They are Dr Marten's and they were around £70 I think. They are black crushed velvet and are just gorgeous! Definitely worth the money. As they aren't meant to get wet and I live in rainy England I haven't worn them much recently, but I'm hoping it stays sunny so I can wear them more often!




Okay so that's it for my London trip! This was a mega essay post so if you're still with me thanks! I really appreciate all of your comments on my posts! Do you guys like this kind of post? Did you like the OOTD section? Please let me know :-)
If I could ask you all one favour and that is to follow me on Bloglovin'.. As GFC is dying soon you lovelies wont be able to keep up with my posts! So if you'd like to do that I'd really appreciate it! There is a button at the right of my page or at the bottom!

Thanks for reading guys and I'll speak to you all soon!
Alex xo


8 comments :

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
    I really like the OOTD section of the post and love your shirt.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day! Make sure you check out Sally's blog too!
      Thanks I may feature it more often and I LOVE the shirt!

      Delete
  2. Your shirt is amazing and the Dr Martens. I lived near brick lane a while back...its a lovely perfect place to have a mooch about...and you dont even need to spend a penny!

    xx

    http://teaandblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wow must be amazing living there! x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day! + I live the OOTD :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah great outfit, love the DrMartens too, I know I've got a few pairs and I never have them off!
    Let me know if you'd like to follow eachother as we have quite similar blogs too.

    Sam
    http://sprksam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Dr Martens so much! I have a pair of boots too!
      I love your blog I followed you :-)

      Delete