Wednesday, 1 May 2013

April Favourites ▲ AlexRocksXO

Hi guys! So sorry for the lack of posting here! It's been a busy couple of weeks but I'm back now and back to regular posting, I'm going to try to upload a post every Thursday, with the odd post here and there; but as today is May 1st (wow it's already May, how time flies) I thought I'd show you all my favourite things for the month of April!

Original Source Shower Gels
My first favourite is a collective favourite, and these shower gels are probably the nicest ones I've used in such a long time.

















So I currently have three different scents of the shower gels, Mint and Tea Tree, Lemon and Tea Tree and Orange and Cinnamon. Out of the three my favourite is definitely the Mint and Tea Tree, it is one of the most refreshing and clean scents I've used, gives me a nice wake up boost in the morning as well. I wasn't so impressed by the Orange and Cinnamon because it didn't lather up very nicely, but the other two lather up really well and make great bubbles in the bath! The Orange and Cinnamon was a winter scent I believe so it may have been discontinued, but I think some shops may still stock it. I found my 3 scents in Boots, Asda, Superdrug, Tesco etc.

Lush Angels on Bare Skin

This is a bit of a cheat favourite, because I've had it for under a week, but I love it so much I thought I'd put it in my favourites. This stuff is amazing.

















So this is supposed to improve the appearance of your skin, and even out skin tone. I am running out of my current lush cleanser Herbalism and that stuff is amazing too! I tend to get red skin on my forehead and some pimples and stuff I don't really enjoy seeing.. But oh my goodness this stuff completely kept my skin its normal colour and kept my spots at bay.

















I love Lush products because they are all natural and so nice to my skin. This cleanser contains lavender running through it, and also ground almonds which really exfoliate the skin and keep it grease free. If you suffer from redness or are looking to try out a new cleanser you should give this a go! It's an amazing product.

Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

I've never been a huge lover of moisturiser, it normally leaves my face greasy and ends up giving my pimples, but a lady at Lush told me I really should moisturise after using cleansers as they can sometimes be drying. I was going to buy this beautiful Lush moisturiser  but at over £20 a pot I didn't think it was worth it for something I may not even like.. So I picked up this Body Shop Moisturiser, which had a much smaller price tag.

















The lady in The Body Shop told me we cannot produce vitamin E and have to either add it to the skin or eat it. Whether that is true or not I'm not sure, but this moisturiser is lovely. The texture is silky and doesn't leave a residue on the skin or add grease to my skin, just leaves it feeling so soft and smooth! Plus this has lasted forever! When it eventually runs out I will definitely repurchase.

Disclosure
This month I have really been loving Disclosure, most of you may have heard their hit song Latch, which was a great success, but they have released 2 new songs, White Noise and You and Me. I also own 2 other songs of theirs called Tenderly and Flow, they aren't as well known but are still amazing songs!



So these are my favourites for April! I didn't try too many new products last month so hopefully next month will be full of lovely new products for me to recommend to you guys! Let me know if you've tried any of these products, or if there are any that you can recommend to me! Thanks for reading guys!
AlexRocksXO

2 comments :

  1. I see everyone raving about original source shower gels all over the internet but I can never find them where I live :( god damn you australia!

    Alex xx
    bowsandbrushes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! They are really nice! Have you tried their website? Or other places that stock things like that?

      Delete