Monday, 11 March 2013

REVIEW ▲ LUSH OCEAN SALT

Now I know it can be very overwhelming going into a LUSH store for the first time, even now I pop into LUSH time to time and I still get dazed by all the products, old and new. One thing I can say is that the staff are literally the nicest people ever, they know what the products are and what they can do for your skin and whether it's the right product (it's always nice to find staff that know what they are talking about isn't it?)
Anyway; enough about LUSH lets get down to my first review and that is Ocean Salt by LUSH.

Ocean Salt is a beautiful product, with a kind of sour lime scent, it also has a creamy undertone that I am yet to work out. It also has coconut oil in it which just leaves my face feeling super smooth. It is named as a facial scrub but it's perfect for scrubbing your body. Ladies, this is great for using before you shave your legs (or so I have heard), and for men, it's great for keeping ingrowing hairs at bay, which is always good! I think it's one of the essentials in a men's skin care routine.

The pot starts out blue, and has lots of big salt crystals at the top and when you first get it you should mix it up with something so it all mixes in (a big bunch of course sea salt isn't the best feeling, as I found out!) Once mixed in it turns a kind of very very pale blue/cream colour, but the blue at the beginning (as shown in the image that I stole from the LUSH website) is so inviting, that mixed with the smell just feels like you're going to dive into a big pool in the Caribbean somewhere! Also it has a small bit of vodka in it, which makes it seem a bit naughty, but it's all part of the experience.

The product itself is amazing, it clears all blackheads from my face, leaves my face feeling soft and radiant, and has really helped keep my spots under control! Contrary to the colour it doesn't turn your face blue, it just leaves your face and body glowing.  Also with some face and body scrubs that contain oils, they can leave a residue on my body and leaving me feel greasy, but with this I feel that some of the oils soak in, but the rest disappears when I wash it off and is just amazing. One bad thing I have to say about it is that it stings, badly if it get's into a cut or a recently popped spot, so beware!

Overall this is an amazing product and I highly recommend it to everyone!
Has anyone tried this? What do you think?

No comments :

Post a Comment